Laing O'Rourke: Infoworks magazine
How Laing O'Rourke is building a global reputation
Laing O'Rourke is the UK's largest privately-owned construction firm, with worldwide operations. Its success reflects the company's emphasis on research and technical innovation. They asked Redhouse Lane to develop a content marketing campaign that would raise this aspect of their work to current and prospective customers.
Infoworks is a customer magazine firmly positioned as an essential read for people who are serious about construction. Infoworks is sent to some 6,000 customers, VIPs and staff in 10 countries. It is supported by complementary online and social media to achieve even wider dispersion of the company's content to its customer base.
Infoworks is carefully designed to reflect Laing O Rourke's brand:
- Credibility – articles by leading industry experts and sector journalists underpin the reliability of the company's message and raise its profile
- Innovation – special gatefold pull-outs highlight how the company is investing in new techniques and methods
- Thought leadership – leading articles establish Laing O'Rourke's authoritative view about industry-wide issues and set the debate
- Professionalism – supported through high-quality photography and design throughout.
According to one delighted recipient, "This is the best company magazine I have ever read." Another attests to the publication's usefulness and longevity: "I keep copies on my bookcase." This popularity is reflected in qualitative results: 84% of readers say the magazine is relevant or very relevant to their work.
related case studies
- Spirited magazineThe Glenmorangie Company
- Optima magazineAnglo American
- Pure energyPublications
- Future Worlds – adaptations to...Defra